PAXCON by LINE-X
PAXCON is utilized by government and military contractors, as well as private security firms to safeguard assets. Critical buildings can be coated with PAXCON to help protect personnel against bomb blasts and fragmentation. Fragmentation or debris from an exploded structure is the number one source of injury in a bomb blast. The technology in PAXCON is formulated to mitigate the effects of an explosion by containing the fragmented pieces of the building.
The same is true for bullet fragmentation or spalling. After striking an armored plate, a projectile will spall into deadly shrapnel that can cause further injury. PAXCON allows the bullet to penetrate the coating but as the bullet hits the armor and spalls, the coating contracts to catch and contain the fragments.
PX-3350 - BLAST MITIGATION
- PAXCON by LINE-X® offers a revolutionary development in blast mitigation. Known in military and research circles as an Energy Resistant Coating (ERC), the PAXCON coating is flexible, yet stronger than steel. This means that walls outfitted with PAXCON material can withstand explosions up to 20 times greater than a normal, uncoated wall. In the event of an explosion, the PAXCON-coated walls flex, but stay together.
- Since the Khobar Towers bombing in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia in June of 1996, the U.S. Government has been testing elastomeric polymers like PAXCON for blast mitigation. PAXCON was founded to be the only coating, out of 27 tested, to pass all of their bomb blast tests (Air Force Laboratory Force Protection Branch). PAXCON has been applied and is protecting several buildings around the world, including the U.S. Pentagon, the Federal Court House in NY, the Washington Naval Base, and several buildings throughout London.
PX-2100 — SPALL PROTECTION
During a ballistic attack, most severe injuries occur and a significant amount of lives lost are due to ballistic fragmentation or spalling. PAXCON® solves this problem by encapsulating the fragments, which will remain trapped in the PAXCON material, posing no secondary damage.
AREAS OF APPLICATIONS
PAXCON can be applied to numerous types of structural materials:
PAXCON PROTECTIVE COATINGS IS REVOLUTIONIZING THE DEFENSE AND MILITARY WORLD BY PROVIDING QUALITY PROTECTIVE POLYMER COATINGS TO INCLUDE A WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS:
- Government, military and private buildings around the globe, including the U.S. Pentagon.
- Helicopter pads
- HMMWVs (Humvees)
- Coating of small-arms protective inserts for military ballistic vests
- Naval applications such as boat and submarine decks, and marine gangways
- Civil and peacetime applications such as flight simulators, storage cases and UAV launch trailers
- Excellent thermal stability
- Low permeability rate
- Low temperature flexibility
- Good chemical resistance
- The thickness can be varied to achieve various levels of blast protection
- Available in standard colors (Custom colors available in larger quantities)
- Fast reactivity and cure time.